This week has turned into our "get prepared" week...at least a good start on it. I decided that we'd work on and complete our 72 hour kits for FHE. So we loaded up the boys and off we went to the store to show our kids how "responsible" we are trying to be. Of course, it took no longer than about 5 minutes before I started hearing, "Are we done yet? Have we done enough yet? Do we have to get everything today?" You would expect that from a 6-year-old boy...but no, that was coming from the 36-year-old boy! Now, I realize that doing 72-hour kits is not the most glamorous thing to do, but by golly, we were going to stay in that store until I had everything I needed! I delivered the "look" that I fondly realize I inherited from my mom, and continued on my shopping spree.
Needless to say, trying to be prepared is not always the easiest thing to do. I have only just begun everything that I want to do...the economy and everything that is going on in this country just reiterates the fact that you have to do everything you can to take care of yourself, because nobody else will. And by the way, I think food storage should be a tax write-off, because people that have it will put less strain on the country if there is a catastrophy. I know, I should run for office.
Speaking of office, is everyone just so annoyed at all the crap going on in this election?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment