The Kids

The Kids

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

New York!

I had a blast in New York in May! I went out to visit my sister Lynette before she moved back to AZ. I stayed in her apartment in North Manhatten and we rode the subway and buses everywhere we went. It was kind of fun, if you ignore some of the weirdness that you come across! We walked and walked and walked, and I was quite exhausted each and every day. But it was worth it! Here are a sample of some of the things we did.
Museum of Natural History.
I half expected this stuff to come alive after seeing the movie Night at the Museum. I loved this museum, but there is far too much to see in just one visit. I joked that if somebody put me in a motorized chair I might be able to see everything and read the descriptions. It was fun though!



Time Square. This is where we went to a couple of shows. I saw Mary Poppins, which I LOVED. Then that same day we saw West Side Story. The dancing on stage far surpasses the movie. It was incredible to watch. Side note on that one was that I, Lynette and her fiance Jose were in "standing room only" at the very top of the theater! We had binoculars, but had to stand for the whole performance. Talk about a foot killer! But...the tickets were cheap and we were seeing New York on a budget! It can be done, folks! Just not as comfortable as seeing New York with loads of $$$$.







Sinking submarine monument. I really liked the creativity of this one. Tribute to those lost in the Atlantic Ocean.




Partial skyline. It was a misty day, but still looked awesome.




Yes, I was there. Lynette and I in front of the New York Stock Exchange.
(sorry it's fuzzy and sideways, but I couldn't get it flipped!)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Peppermint Lane said...

New York is awesome. I'm so glad you got to go before your sister moved. I'd love to go back and just be a tourist!