The Kids

The Kids

Saturday, February 7, 2009

February Fun Fest

What a whirlwind that seems to go on in the Robertson household. To illustrate an "almost" typical day at our house, I give you Exhibit A: Robertson Rumble on Friday, Feb. 7



Thursday night yielded very little sleep for me. Samuel, who used to sleep quite well, is now waking up very regularly...I feel like a zombie on most days. However, like usual, I rose from my bed to get Spencer up and ready to catch his bus by 8:30. Today was special for him. It was the culmination of a week-long "All About Me" week in Spencer's class, and this was his week. He was so excited that his special day also landed on the 100th day of school, another source for celebration. The rest of my day:



8:30 Spencer on bus. Jordan eating breakfast.

8:30-11:00 Deep cleaning of upstairs to prepare for guests next week. Found an unmentionable body secretion smeared on a window seal (no, it was not chocolate pudding). I think we can thank Jordan for that one. Ugh!

Learned that today is National Naked Day (very important to know this) and pondered how fun it would be to clean my house naked...um, I don't think so. I'll pass!

11:30 I start making lunch and bottle for Samuel. The boys are still upstairs playing, and the ever trusted baby gate is in place. Then I hear a noise...yep, Jordan has removed the gate and I arrive around the corner in time to see Samuel as a human rolling pin coming down the stairs. Thanks again, Jordan. Now he understands why there's a gate. Hope he remembers next time!

12:00 After consolling a distraught 8-month-old's bumped head, he finally is ready for a nap. Better check the diaper one more time before putting him down.....oops, stuck finger into poop in diaper. No smell, so I didn't even have any warning!

1:00 I finally get a shower. Seems early today!

2:00 Arrive at Spencer's class for his special All About Me presentation. He is glowing. He is quite sure that he is the most popular kid in all of the school.

3:00 Back home to get the kids ready for pictures. A photographer friend is coming by to do photos of Samuel and "the boys." Get them cleaned up, fed and dressed.

4:30 Waiting for her to arrive.

5:00 Still waiting. Phone calls yield no response.

5:30 Give up on the pictures. Try to do some ourselves. Place the boys in front of the fireplace, with Samuel on Spencer's lap. Spencer tries to adjust his sitting, and promptly moves Samuel backwards and whacks his head into the fireplace. Poor Samuel's head has sure taken a beating today! Needless to say he was not in the mood for pictures.

6:00 Try to salvage what is left of the evening, take Spencer to Carl Jr. for his All About Me evening. He really just wants to play on the slides.

7:00 Home where boys want a movie night. Movie nights are different than just watching a show. As Spencer puts it, Movie Nights ALWAYS involve popcorn. Ok. Spencer gets popcorn into the microwave. Spencer burns popcorn. Lovely smell.

9:00 Tony and I are finishing up a show we like in our room, when Spencer and Jordan join us because their movie is over. Spencer falls asleep on our bed, Jordan falls asleep in our rocking chair with a glass of Fruit Loops that he has confiscated from the pantry...which only a few minutes later he falls out of said chair and the Fruit Loops go everywhere.

10:00 Tony (wonderful man that he is) says, "Honey, why don't you go upstairs and sleep tonight and I'll take care of all the boys. Wow. I don't think I've had a full-night's sleep in over 8 months! Thanks, Tony.

No comments: