The Kids

The Kids

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

This is why we teach them to READ

This summer I taught Spencer how to do some laundry. He would load it, measure the soap, set the machine, etc. He did a great job. As long as I got the pile ready for him, he seemed to know what to do.

Then one day I came out of my room and the house smelled like a swimming pool. I ran into the laundry room, where the smell was the strongest, and "Spencer! What did you do? What did you put in the laundry??"

His response, "Well, mom, you need to put Oxyclean in every load to get the cleanest clothes." (Somebody was listening to commercials a little too well). Come to find out that the Clorox bottle has the same colors on it as the Oxyclean commercial, so he thought he was doing me a favor by adding Oxyclean. Uhh, that's why we READ the label instead of following the colors on the bottle.

Whoops! Lesson learned!

No comments: