
We have countless people to thank for all of their help and service during this very difficult time. Although I was careful not to lift heavy things, I managed to do too much and am now recovering physically from that...but so glad we've done it. Now, that doesn't mean it's over. We are staying with my parents while we arrange getting into a house, so we'll just drive them nuts for a month or two until we can get settled on our own. I hope they don't regret our moving here!!!
Things we'll be doing here in Page are: Playing at Lake Powell...

...enjoying the amazing views...

...and doing some productive things here and there.
Tony has a great job at Page Hospital that will allow him to work all areas of nursing. He has been working already for 6 weeks and it seems to be a great fit for him. I will be starting to teach piano lessons as soon as we get into our house. I am looking forward to creating a piano studio that will eventually expand to doing group lessons and small choral groups. I am excited!
The "family business" is something I will also be helping out with. RDs Drive In is our family food business that my brother Steve manages. I will be assisting him so that he can go on vacation once in a while and fulfill any responsibilities that my parents are ready to hand over! They need to retire someday! Ha ha ha. They will probably never FULLY retire, just because they're not the type of people that want to sit around watching TV, etc. We'll let them putter around the store...just leave the tough stuff to us now.
I am so grateful to be back here. Some people might think that it would be hard to live in a town this small, but besides the large malls (which I hate shopping in anyways), there is really everything we need here. The town desperately needs a good piano teacher (since my mom is about all there is now and she wants to stop teaching). Plus, my children will have some advantages of being here that they wouldn't get elsewhere, such as working in the family business, learning how to manage money from a young age, having grandparents close and cousins, Lake Powell as their playground, and other perks.



No comments:
Post a Comment