The Kids

The Kids

Sunday, November 16, 2008

November Update

Spencer is doing very well in school this year. He is learning to read, and gets very excited when he sees phonograms around town....."Look mom! It's the "er" of "Spencer". Look, it's the "ay" of "day"....etc. It's fun to see him enjoy learning, since previously it's been difficult to get him excited about books. Cute story: The other day Spencer comes in and says, "Mom, what is my thing?" I was a little surprised at this question, because he could mean practically anything with this question. "What do you mean, your thing?" He says, "Well, everybody has to have a thing, like something they're really good at. Mom, what is your thing?" I said, "I guess my thing would be playing the piano." So we start going through all the things that Spencer is good at; helping his brothers, running, being good friends, being kind, good at games, and on and on. Finally he settled on what his "thing" was......making kites. Go figure. He never made one before, but he decided that was going to be his thing. So we got out the paper and glue and string and did our best to make a kite (mostly I did it and he colored it). No, it didn't fly in the end, but that hasn't changed his decision that making kites is now his "thing". Oh, to be six.

Jordan lives for when Spencer gets home from school. He really loves his brother. When we do homework with Spencer, he insists on doing his own "homework" by identifying letters and numbers. He is so close to needing to be in preschool. Jordan still insists on saying all the prayers in the house, which he's getting better at all the time. One thing gets a little repetitious though, he has been thanking Heavenly Father every day for his birthday ever since August 8. I'm glad he's grateful and all, but let's move on Jordan!

Samuel is rolling and scooting around on the floor. He surprises me how far he can get on his own. He absolutely loves food...he is only on cereals and a little vegies, but he loves anything that goes in his mouth. He has started to belly laugh too. He has such a sweet personality so long as his needs are met. The boys adore him.

During this economic downturn, Tony and I are truly grateful for the things we have. Tony never thought he'd enjoy his job so much until now that many of our friends are out of work and struggling to keep their homes. We are so glad that he is a valued employee where he works. I am continuing to teach piano, which I enjoy. It's a good thing that I am not relying on court reporting as it seems that there is little work to be had in Boise in that area right now.

Who is bigger?


Brothers

Bring me food!

1 comment:

Peppermint Lane said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Sounds like things are going pretty good.